Greenwashing

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:38:35 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 00:31:09 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> There's no question that there is code that cannot afford the
> extra cost of exception handling and has to do something else,
> but it's much more error-prone and isn't the norm for programs
> in general

I think you misunderstood why some people for example in game
engine development are against the use of exceptions. When you
have complex system and you have to verify that right things are
done trough all possible control flow paths anything that
complicates this is frowned upon. What exceptions do is they
inflate control flow graph making almost impossible to verify
that your system does the right thing in all situations and that
would increase bugs in your system