Greenwashing

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:39:21 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 15:12:56 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> 2. If we went to an "inferred-by-default" regime, there would
> have to be a way to opt-out of it, to allow for crafting
> attributes of public extern functions.

You'd just have to write them out there.

> 4. Documentation should show the inferred attributes IMO (not
> sure if this already happens for auto functions for example).

Eeeeeeh, I'd be ok with that but it would need to actually point
out that it was inferred - that this is NOT a promise of forward
compatibility, it just happens to be so in this version

> 6. One might also take the view that a lack of attributes means
> the function may or may not have those attributes inferred in
> the future (i.e. it's not part of the API). I think much code
> is already written this way.

yes, i tend to explicitly write it out if im making a point about
it.