@safe/DIP1028 explained in meme form

Bruce Carneal bcarneal at gmail.com
Thu May 28 17:29:45 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 17:04:20 UTC, Ethan wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 17:00:00 UTC, Meta wrote:
>> We should exercise *extreme* caution when considering any
>> steps that might expand the current bureaucracy.
>
> I agree in principle with this. Just look at the C++ board.
>
> But it's clear that an effective review board of 1 in this
> situation is not enough.

Yes.  To follow the spirit of the DIP process, if not the letter,
every DIP should have a review board of 2 nominally impartial
experts representing the dlang community.

To be clear, a DIP author is not impartial.  We'd need another LM
(language maintainer) to step in when either of the sitting LMs
authors a dip.