@safe/DIP1028 explained in meme form

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu May 28 20:29:23 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 19:56:53 UTC, Gregory wrote:
> [snip]

> The fact a major part of the reasoning behind DIP1028 (aka
> greenwashing) wasn't brought up for criticism as part of the
> debate until after the DIP was already accepted, do you see
> this as a problem? Yes or no?

This is factually incorrect.

The issue extern(C) issue was brought up in the initial Community
Review by Dennis [1] and Steven [2, 3]. I don't see Walter having
addressed it in the initial Community Review. There was greater
discussion in the Feedback thread [4] and Final Review [5] by
more people. The DIP was also updated to incorporate the feedback
[6], though the DIP author did not agree with the criticism. It
has also been subsequently updated as part of the formal
assessment.

[1]
https://forum.dlang.org/post/cbuddhlodnmbczrfhqdz@forum.dlang.org
[2] https://forum.dlang.org/post/qv62af$ui4$1@digitalmars.com