Improving the D documentation web presentation

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Thu May 28 22:18:13 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 17:41:25 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 12:55:07 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> [...]
>
> So I'm gonna integrate at least some of this tonight or
> tomorrow... but probably not all of it.
>
>> - Prepended the symbol kind as text to the title ("Function")
>
> like idk the value of this.

idk either but the ddox page renders it. Just like "Class",
"Struct", "Alias", "Interface", "Template", "Mixin Template",
"Function", "Variable", "Enum"

>> - Disable Line numbers by default for short code (<15 lines)
>
> fun fact i think right now my limit is 7 lines...
>
>> - Delete & Disable the dynamic style (resize style)
>
> I know I put that in for a reason but forgot what it was...
> what was it breaking for you?

it made the overload tabs smaller than max width. Also resizing
with JS is pretty inefficient, better move it to CSS.

>>   max-width: unset !important;;
>
> these max widths too btw were there to keep the main content
> from going wide just because of some long line in an example.

I wrapped the whole code block in a new div, which made the
max-width inside the code blocks no longer necessary I think. At
least the parent div should now get that max width if it was
important.

> I gotta extract the diffs and put it in here to try on the sdpy
> docs.
>
>> .documentation-comment p {
>>   hyphens: auto;
>> }