Preventing another 1028

Dibyendu Majumdar mobile at majumdar.org.uk
Thu May 28 22:37:14 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 21:35:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/28/2020 2:56 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> [...]
>
> There's a lot of imprecise language in the D spec, as I'm not
> very good at language lawyering, and much of it was written
> hastily. A couple years ago I started doing this section by
> section, but ran out of steam as my PRs were met with
> indifference and languished.

I offered last year to work on the spec. But even a simple PR got
stuck because the only person who can apparently say anything
about the language is yourself and despite repeated requests
there was no response. I eventually gave up. I am again willing
to try but it is not possible to make progress without your
prompt input as no one else really understands why things are as
they are.