Improving the D documentation web presentation

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri May 29 02:12:34 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 12:55:07 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> - In the small overloads buttons (.overloads>li
> .overload-signature), remove all parameter type qualifiers and
> default values, only keep names and basic types

I'm not sure I can do this without more invasive changes to the
generator.

But I did most the changes here you can refresh to reload:

http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/arsd.simpledisplay.SimpleWindow.this.1.html

only regenerated sdpy dox with the new html btw.

I'm pretty sure I missed a few spots applying your new stuff, and
I rejected a few pieces. But.... I don't hate it so far.

> Make link for `const(char)[]` as type explaining that it works
> with strings and char arrays. Also embed the graph from and
> link to
> https://dlang.org/spec/const3.html#implicit_qualifier_conversions
>
> Make link for `size_t` and `ptrdiff_t` as type explaining that
> it's an (unsigned) integer type, commonly (u)int or (u)long
> with link to https://dlang.org/spec/type.html#size_t

Once upon a time, I was going to do a bunch of links like this.
Never actually got around to.... almost any of them. But i like
the idea.

I still need to check it across more pages and other browsers
before going all the way. But I think this is gonna be ok.

I still don't love the "Example" header - not all those are
examples (notably view source!). So might tweak that.

BTW on the hard questions:

http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/arsd.cgi.Cgi.this.2.html

the delegates in there always look bleh. idk.