@safe/DIP1028 explained in meme form

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri May 29 05:03:25 UTC 2020

On Friday, 29 May 2020 at 04:27:18 UTC, Johannes Loher wrote:

> However, from the perspective of anybody else than you, it
> doesn't really make a lot of sense. Why would you ever consider
> the process without the actual decision making in the end? For
> the community, it doesn't really matter that you personally
> don't have any power regarding the decision-making process. We
> want to talk about the whole process of getting a change into
> the language and it's just cumbersome to always say "the DIP
> process and the decision making process"...

Yes, I understand. What it really comes down to is that I'm just
asking people to be more careful with their language. These
forums do not exist in a sealed vacuum, and what we say here can
easily be misinterpreted elsewhere or by someone with an interest
in D who's looking over the forums. "It's messed up that a DIP
author can decide on his own proposal" is very different from a
broad claim like "the DIP process is broken".