Greenwashing

Bruce Carneal bcarneal at gmail.com
Fri May 29 05:52:59 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 16:47:01 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 5/28/20 12:39 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 15:12:56 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
>> wrote:
>>> 2. If we went to an "inferred-by-default" regime, there would
>>> have to be a way to opt-out of it, to allow for crafting
>>> attributes of public extern functions.
>>
>> You'd just have to write them out there.
>
> Not possible in some cases (@throws, @gc, @impure)
>

>>> 4. Documentation should show the inferred attributes IMO (not
>>> sure if this already happens for auto functions for example).
>>
>> Eeeeeeh, I'd be ok with that but it would need to actually
>> point out that it was inferred - that this is NOT a promise of
>> forward compatibility, it just happens to be so in this version
>
> Sure, that's a reasonable expectation.
>
> -steve

I'm a fan of your auto-inference or inferred-by-default or
whatever you'd like to call it ideas.  Wider utility and less
"annotation soup".

If you've got the time, I'd suggest your starting a new thread.
Now that Walter has withdrawn 1028 we could really use something
to amp up @safe, and other attribute, utility.