@safe/DIP1028 explained in meme form

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Fri May 29 06:34:46 UTC 2020

Am Thu, 28 May 2020 20:59:19 +0000 schrieb Ethan:

> On Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 20:55:23 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
>> But the DIP text itself did not convince the other language maintainer.
>> A phone call did. It did not go through on its own merits.
>
> Even with a board of more than two members, I'd expect them to discuss
> dissenting opinions before coming to a conclusion.
>
> Discussion isn't a problem here, it's impartiality (and lack thereof).

To put it more explicitly, discussion between review board members is
expected.

Discussion between DIP author and review board considering technical
details: I'm not sure. Ideally a DIP should convey all important
information on its own. A direct technical discussion between DIP author
and review board is then not necessary.

--
Johannes