@safe/DIP1028 explained in meme form

Bruce Carneal bcarneal at gmail.com
Fri May 29 14:49:02 UTC 2020

On Friday, 29 May 2020 at 14:31:48 UTC, Gregory wrote:
> On Friday, 29 May 2020 at 13:44:06 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> So, yes, it really is both. I don't see a problem in the
>> process now, but I'm open to making changes that are in my
>> purview if someone convinces me there *is* a problem or has
>> ideas on how to improve it.
>
> There it is. So it's not both. If someone has to convince you
> there's a problem then you are against a fixing it.
>
> Please just stop. PR babble isn't going to smooth over this
> issue unless you are willing to address it.

Given his definition of the "DIP process" I believe Mike has
addressed it.

I would like to hear what you think is wrong with the DIP process
as he defines it.  IOW what is wrong with the overall process up
to but not including the decision making?

I completely agree that the decision making framework is
sub-optimal, and that this definition of the "DIP process" is
counter intuitive.  If you're talking about either of those,
please clarify.