Help with testing my cross-platform library

Vladimirs Nordholm v at vladde.net
Sat Nov 7 18:37:15 UTC 2020

Hello.

I am working on a cross-platform terminal manipulation library,
and I need help finding differences between platforms. Different
operating systems and different emulators all work slightly
differently.

My idea is that you, the reader, clone my project and run an
example file with your favorite terminal emulator. The library
also detects input, so press a button or two with modifier keys
like ctrl, shift, etc. After this, you send me a screenshot of
what your terminal looks like along with which operating system
and terminal emulator you use, and I will be forever grateful.
Either reply with a link to a screenshot, or email me at
v(@)vladde.net .

So far I am only trying to identify any differences. I have a few
setups to test on, and I'll provide some images of what I am
looking for:

- Windows 10, CMD.exe:
https://public.vladde.net/scone-feedback-windows-cmd.png
- Windows 10, Windows Terminal+Powershell:
https://public.vladde.net/scone-feedback-windows-windows_terminal-powershell.png
- GitHub Codespace, integrated terminal:
https://public.vladde.net/scone-feedback-github-codespace.png

If you want to help me, please run the following commands. I've
tried to make it as seamless as possible to get the test program
up and running (requires git, dmd, and dub).

# on posix
git clone https://github.com/vladdeSV/scone
cd scone
cp misc/test.d source/main.d
dub

# on windows
git.exe clone https://github.com/vladdeSV/scone
cd scone
copy misc\test.d source\main.d
dub.exe

This would be very valuable for me, and I really hope you find
this easy enough to try out and help me.

Best regards,
Vladimirs Nordholm