Better branding of -betterC

ryuukk_ ryuukk_ at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:15:18 UTC 2020

BetterC has many flaws

- you have to be explicit in your code with @betterC @noGC etc
etc etc, it's ugly and  annoying

- GC is still predominant everywhere (AA, arrays, string,
libraries)

I am testing ZIG since last month, and let me tell you what, it
is what i wanted D to be

NO GC at all! custom allocator friendly

I don't mind having the GC in D when i just want to quickly
prototype something, or write a CLI tool

But for anything else, i rely on betterC and the experience is
very very very poor!

Before thinking about better branding, what needed is: FIX IT!
and make it cleaner

And most importantly! it shouldn't be called betterC, it should
be called D, plain simple, just D!

Move the GC as a separate library, and make it opt-in rather than
opt-out

Language should be simple, so you can do everything you want as a
library (GC, RC)

I still have hopes for D as my main language, but the no gc story
needs to be sorted ASAP

But to be very very honest, i doubt that'll ever happen, even NIM
is handing that story better..