D Considered Harmful (Amusing Tidbit)

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 22:46:59 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 12 November 2020 at 20:11:49 UTC, starcanopy wrote:
> I never noticed, but cat-v lists D as harmful
> (http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/). Of course, C++ and Java
> are that list too with some other popular languages... and Vala.

It's funny that C, Go and Limbo are listed as "less harmful"
alternatives, since C is objectively far more harmful than D or
even (Modern) C++. Go is the fourth worst language I've ever
used, after PHP, Javascript, and Lua (in that order). I don't
know much about Limbo, but since Rob Pike was involved with it,
it's also probably pretty awful.