Dlang for embedded: need real project

Denis Feklushkin feklushkin.denis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 04:00:31 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 22 October 2020 at 08:04:48 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Looks like druntime fork dedicated "to support almost any
> system" (https://github.com/denizzzka/druntime) works well with
> ARM Cortex-M3 backend! Almost all unittests is passed on QEMU
> emulated hardware (except threads and fiberes, see more:
> https://github.com/denizzzka/d_c_arm_test/issues/5)

I'm just in a hurry to share news: threads module just have
started working and now druntime passes threads unittests on ARM
Cortex-M3!

It looks like this:

$ qemu-system-arm -machine mps2-an511 -nographic -rtc clock=vm
-icount shift=2 -semihosting -kernel firmware.elf
unexpected pointers 0x2184e008 and 0x21865008
Not safe to migrate Fibers between Threads on your system.
Consider setting version CheckFiberMigration for this system in
thread.d
28 modules passed unittests
$

There are a few more unfinished parts but they are not
fundamental:
- disabled demangle tests (demangle consumes huge memory amounts
sometimes, https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/3262)
- disabled some TickDuration tests - don't know how to fix it,
but remember what TickDuration is deprecated
- core.sync.condition is not implemented
- more what is not used in current unittests but depends from OS
(just errors is not triggered in this case)

More info at:
https://github.com/denizzzka/d_c_arm_test
(look into "issues" section)