[OT] On the Expressive Power of Programming Languages

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 16:54:30 UTC 2020

On Monday, 16 November 2020 at 16:37:07 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I enjoyed the talk and like the principles shown.

What are the principles?

> And the bar is pretty high. I don't know if there are many
> "expressive" features left to add to D if we go by this
> definition unless we go AST-macros.

Oh, there is a ton of stuff to add. Logic programming, idris/agda
like type system, an smt engine, verified concurrent actor
concepts etc...

In reality, expressiveness is not the challenge, but bridging the
gap between modelling and implementation while ensuring
correctness and maintainability with little performance loss and
low labour costs...