Could D be used by Jonathan Blow rather jai language?

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:19:02 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 18 November 2020 at 16:13:20 UTC, Jack wrote:
> So I find out jonathan Blow is devloping his own programming
> language, because "C++ is wild mess". I know pretty much
> nothing about game dev and I was wondering if D could be used
> in the way Jonathan Blow would like to? Anyone experienced on
> game dev stuff could answer this? as far I know, the jai's
> compiler is not ready yet.Maybe let him know about D language,
> assuming it fits its game needs, would be interesting?

My guess is that no language is going to be more appealing to
Jonathan Blow himself than the one he designed personally to fit
his own needs.

On the other hand, it's entirely possible that others who are
interested in Jai might find D an appealing alternative,
especially given that Jai has yet to see a single public release.