Could D be used by Jonathan Blow rather jai language?

Bruce Carneal bcarneal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 01:14:45 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 19 November 2020 at 23:01:34 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 November 2020 at 18:20:51 UTC, Bruce Carneal
> wrote:
>> Counter examples showing how it is impossible to advance D to
>> become master-of-nearly-all are requested.  Counter examples
>> showing how it is impossible for any language to be
>> master-of-nearly-all are also requested.
>
> No language based on static analysis can be that. You would
> need incompatible type systems. You need opposing constraints.

Consider the future variant that includes monadic type variables
and, pay-as-you-go, embeds the "static" compiler within the app.
Will some people still pine for Python style "typing" if the
compile-time/run-time distinction is optional?

I imagine there will still be some who would so, yes, call that
part of the "nearly".