Severin Teona - SAOC Milestone 2 Update 4 - Druntime for Microcontrollers
teona.severin9 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:50:03 UTC 2020
This is the last update for the second milestone for #SAoC2020.
My last post is at . The plan for this week was the following:
- emulate a simple application that doesn't use the druntime but
it is linked with it.
- emulate a more complex application that uses the druntime.
What I actually did this week is:
- as I expected, I had problems running the first application,
because the size of the application wasn't small enough even on
the emulator (I added more SRAM over a RESERVED memory area)
- I almost finished moving all my work on a Docker and created a
testing environment for my project.
- I became familiar with the environment in which the
'ldc-build-runtime' works: how everything is compiled, what
exactly is compiled, etc.
- I also began removing modules and functionalities I don't think
are essential on a microcontroller and started working on the
errors I encountered.
My main work from now on (including next week's work) will be
focused on building the druntime with as few modules as possible.
I will start from compiling just object.d and resolve the errors
as they appear.
More information about the Digitalmars-d