Could D be used by Jonathan Blow rather jai language?

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 21:20:19 UTC 2020

On Friday, 20 November 2020 at 18:44:33 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Do you have a concrete example of where type functions would do
> much better than templates, that might serve as a good
> motivating example of why type functions would be a good idea?

I can rewrite Binderoo with type functions, which essentially
take one type (user or function types) and transform it in to
something else.

But higher level. It will fundamentally change the way you
approach metaprogramming. Even now, we have that thing that
Andrei will say about C++. Where D is multiple languages under
one banner. Writing D code can be as complicated as C#, but get
in to DbI and it's a different language you need to learn. So I
put it this way.

"Can you write a function?"
"Yes."
"Then you can do hardcore metaprogramming."

It's going to be a paradigm shift to get it in to a language like
this.