Could D be used by Jonathan Blow rather jai language?

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 02:42:13 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 21 November 2020 at 01:52:36 UTC, Bruce Carneal
wrote:
> If "it", whatever that is, precludes safe parallelism in
> libraries or language extensions then "it" should be removed
> from the language.
>
> Again, defaults really matter here.  If the right way is the
> default way then leaving the "wrong" way escape hatch costs
> less, in my view, than forcing two or more languages.

Well, @safe just means memory safe, not sure if it is meant to
also cover multi threading safety?

The guarantees are not very clear to me.

It is also not clear what happens if you allocated something as
shared, cast away shared and the call free(). Are you allowed to
have two separate heaps?

It is unclear if D programmers follow the same principles or just
rely on testing with the current runtime. If it is the latter
then it will be difficult to get clean nonbreaking  semantics.