Could D be used by Jonathan Blow rather jai language?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 11:28:53 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 21 November 2020 at 11:06:45 UTC, aberba wrote:
> My point is the GC-nogc computer is never an issue for me. Its
> just makes D useful for many other domains that I'm interested
> in.
>
> So you'll have to look at the kind of software you write.

Well, if nogc is going to be an alternative to C++/Rust then
something has to be done as interfacing implies a  of risk
confusing gc memory with nongc memory. Most interesting code is
building a graph of some sort.

Basically, it should be easy to write a library that is both
nongc and gc at the same time.

It implies that owning pointers basically has to be templated,
with a retention mechanism for nogc code.