"Exceptions will fade away in modern languages"

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sat Nov 21 23:05:19 UTC 2020

I reacted to the comment of Walter Bright about exceptions in the
"Destroy All Memory Corruption" presentation. The point he made
that exceptions don't play well with compile time data flow
analysis. He also mentioned that he thinks that exception will
become obsolete in the future. Exceptions are used in many
languages today and even the newest ones so I can't see a trend
here.

That raises the question what method is going to replace
exceptions in that case?
Will D introduce an alternative method of error handler that
plays better with @live?