@live questions

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 12:57:50 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 22 November 2020 at 07:44:51 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I don't expect @live to wind up in the same place as Rust any
> more than D's functional programming capabilities turn it into
> Haskell.

It is ok that you only do analysis of the call stack and not the
heap, but it has to be context sensitive. You need to analyse all
functions that call @live functions and all functions that @live
calls.

I read this paper this morning, and I found it to be a nice
overview, although covering more ground than alias-analysis:

https://yanniss.github.io/points-to-tutorial15.pdf

You might also consider building on the datalog engine in Z3. It
is written in C++, so it should be easy to integrate