Web site look & feel

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:48:33 UTC 2020

On Monday, 23 November 2020 at 12:27:42 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Monday, 23 November 2020 at 12:23:06 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>> On Monday, 23 November 2020 at 11:30:31 UTC, aberba wrote:
>>> I did a video on the D website looking outdated. I guess a
>>> designer is needed to clean things up.
>>>
>>> That's if the foundation is willing to make the change...
>>> decluttering the website too.
>>
>> I think it is fine. Better than most languages. It also works
>> on outdated browsers, which is a plus.
>
> Is most languages your benchmark?

Btw, this is my benchmark:

https://en.cppreference.com/

Flat architecture, for quick reference. Could it be better, sure.
But far more functional than other languages atm. Fashionable
visuals would make it worse, not better.

It might be the most popular website for systems programming. I
use it frequently.

I also use MDN frequently, but only access it through google
search.

It is important that D sells itself as a community project and
not as a slick corporate entity. The current website and DConf
sends that message quite effectively. "Improving" the visuals
would be a waste of effort. Improving the usability and content
would worthwhile though.