Web site look & feel

bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Nov 23 17:25:21 UTC 2020

On Monday, 23 November 2020 at 16:41:52 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> Having said that, part of me is screaming "people who are
> interested in shiny stuff need not apply" but I am explaining
> to myself that it's the wrong attitude. :/

I don't really agree with that sentiment, somewhat along the
lines of Ola's argument. Kotlin's site has a very Atlassian feel
to it. That's good for Kotlin, since they're aiming for and
delivering an enterprise experience. D can't deliver that
experience right now. The website's Hacker News-esque design fits
perfectly with what the language can deliver.

That said, there are two things I hate about the landing page.
The download buttons really are ugly. The three text boxes at the
bottom ("Write Fast", "Read Fast", and "Run Fast") need to use
three different background colors. I know nothing about web
design but not using colors to distinguish big blocks of text has
to violate something.