RFC: std.sumtype (adding sumtype to Phobos)

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:07:25 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 25 November 2020 at 18:42:09 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

> In general, if you can call a function in a block with all the
> attributes, then you can call it without them all too, but that
> may not be known to someone who has not made much use of them.

D is a large enough language that most D programmers have
significant gaps in their language knowledge (e.g., for me, it's
the details of D's object system). So when you write
documentation, you can't assume your readers will understand what
things mean just by looking at them; you have to do a bit of
hand-holding.