Garbage Collection and gamedev - tl;dr Yes we want it, so let's solve it

Guillaume Piolat first.name at guess.com
Fri Nov 27 22:02:43 UTC 2020

On Friday, 27 November 2020 at 21:08:28 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad
wrote:

> Anyway, my point was more: if your goal is to build a
> framework, then you would not do it to promote a specific
> language. So I dont think the D community can decide this to be
> a focus.

"framework" word really is the point of conflict.
It is supposed to be a bad thing, you should prefer "libraries"!

That's what people say, but in reality people want a cohesive,
framework-like experience, with all kinds of problems already
solved and tutorial'ed before they get aware of the issue.

"library" experience is not cohesive enough and will even feel
ugly to some.
Your library really is domain-specific after all.

That's what I discovered making Dplug, who has a few users.
Promoting D was certainly not a goal, rather it was "using D
because it's practical".

> (Why is typing on ipads so... Nggh?)

Well you definitely have some grit there :)