TypeFunction example creatiing a conversion matrix

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:17:59 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 1 October 2020 at 12:08:40 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 October 2020 at 09:52:19 UTC, user1234 wrote:
>> That's sad. I start believing to TypeFunction, you see I'm not
>> like those who's been immediatly enthusisast, but well, if the
>> boss shortcut your work with workarounds (surface changes as
>
> It is interesting to folly what Stefan is trying to achieve,
> introducing type variables is something I have argued for in
> the past.
>
> Although, if you look at all the different discussions that
> take place over time, you might argue that a more comprehensive
> AST interface would solve more issues as language changes are
> being resisted quite heavily at this point.

I kept myself from that.
Because I know that AST macros are frowned upon.
(Although what Walter is recently talking about sounds more and
more like them)
And because I want to make it easy to migrate from templates.
to static template emulation functions (stef) :)

I do honestly believe that type functions fix a bunch of our
problems.
And with very little code change, compared to the power they have.