-preview=in might break code

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:27:34 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 3 October 2020 at 14:10:34 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> This is a bit ridiculous. If I was trying to sell you a gun,
> which in 0.001% of cases explodes when you pull the trigger,
> and I say "Yeah that's true, but that almost never happens. You
> aren't even trying it!!!" does that make you feel better?

Probably is so difficult to reason about.

Example 1:

It is very improbable that you catch covid-19 if you are careful
and conservative in your actions.

It is probable that you catch covid-19 if you regularly interact
with other people that are not as careful as yourself, or if you
simply isn't aware that they were recently on a long vacation
trip.

E.g. larger teams, or library authors that might only use one
compiler on one platform.

Example 2:

It is probable that you find the source of a bug in a well
structured program (no code smell).

It is improbable that at program will remain well structured over
time (older programs always smell).