TypeFunction example: ImplictConvTargets

claptrap clap at trap.com
Mon Oct 5 12:52:47 UTC 2020

On Monday, 5 October 2020 at 11:44:34 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I leave it up to you to decide which version is more
> understandable and extendable (should we ever get another basic
> type :))
>
> As noted previously please do discuss!
> Maybe you like the template version more?
> Let me know.

100% the type functions.

It's also worth nothing that the way the TF version is
implemented you have a bunch of stuff that is reusable, you could
argue that...

makeAliasArray
isBasicType

shouldn't be in the line count as they would be general library
functions anyway.

And at the very least the decomposition into smaller more
understandable and separately useful parts is as a big win as the
"easy to explain to a newbie" syntax is.