TypeFunction example: ImplictConvTargets

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:07:40 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 6 October 2020 at 10:22:44 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Tuesday, 6 October 2020 at 01:12:01 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Okay let me show you the transitive dependencies of the "3
> liner" suggested by Andrei and executed by Paul Backus.
>
> [...]

That implementation was *definitely* (and very obviously) not
created for simplicity. It can be done in way fewer lines than
that (and you know that, obviously).

The argument to be made is "look how ridiculous this code has to
be to avoid some of the worst performance problems, look how
simple the type functions approach is and how much faster it is",
yes?