TypeFunction example: ImplictConvTargets

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 13:35:25 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 6 October 2020 at 13:20:43 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> [snip]
>
> If you look at the history of std.meta you'll see it was me who
> recently made Filter so ugly, the previous version was simple
> but too slow.

To get Filter/staticMap to have improved performance (and it
looks to me like Stefan copied the phobos version in his
example), you were forced to make them uglier. But, isn't
Stefan's point that his version has even better performance than
your ugly version? Is your argument that the simple version would
have better performance in this case?