TypeFunction example: ImplictConvTargets

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:38:25 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 7 October 2020 at 11:10:15 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I've been also tempted to do this on occasion to tilt a
> comparison one way or another - take C++ without STL or Boost,
> or Haskell without Prelude. The reality is these need to be
> considered together. (Make a hashtable in C++, no standard

Your argument would work for Go, but not for C++.

Lots of C++ codebases rely only on the most basic stuff like
malloc and memcpy.

boost is only useful for prototyping, you find better dedicated
libraries. same for much of STL

Cppcon has a 2 HOURS presentation explaning just type traits...
That tells me that something went wrong somewhere... Not generic
enough, too large vocubalary.

Standard libs should be small and composable.

Over 80% of C++ stdlib is useless or outdated. Of course they
have like a 20+ years deprecation cycle...