TypeFunction example: ImplictConvTargets

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmaill.com
Wed Oct 7 13:10:23 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 7 October 2020 at 12:54:09 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> That's why I'd be a bit more excited about the type functions
> if they prove capable of doing things we can't really do right
> now, like transform function argument lists through tuple
> manipulation. That'd be a cool application of the same general
> principle of reordering alias[] entities.

I think you should just add type variables and improve on other
mechanisms until you have those capabilities, the you restrict
the usage of type variables to what Stefan can implement so that
this feature gets a release date. After that it can be extended
one step at the time, maybe even to runtime.

The whole has to be specced out before release, but the initial
release can be constrained to a subset.