TypeFunction example: ImplictConvTargets

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 9 06:49:54 UTC 2020

On Friday, 9 October 2020 at 06:38:23 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:

> Thanks for asking.
> Actually DMD already had it, in there it's known as in there
> Tnone.
> It wasn't used for anything, I think it was supposed be the
> type of a not instantiated template ...

I don't want to spread misinformation, it is actually used.
In dmd the classes have tag values so one does not have to do
dynamic casts.
Tnone is used as tag for template parameter types which have been
deduced, already.

It even has a mangle, but I doubt you should ever see it anywhere.
I will clarify with Walter.