What's wrong with stability, LTS, and not fixing bugs for "compatibility".

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 10:58:47 UTC 2020

On Friday, 9 October 2020 at 10:35:40 UTC, Mathias LANG wrote:
> As much as I love to contribute to D, and as much as I've been
> involved over the years, working on D doesn't generate income
> for me. Building software for my company does, and D is just a
> means to an end.

This is the core point - we don't see our code as "in maintenance
mode". We want to write new code, add new features - and nothing
is more frustrating than spending days, paid for by the company,
to reduce a bug and find out it was deliberately left unfixed, or
that the D project left you to sink weeks of effort into a
barely-maintained semi-legacy part of the language that you now
have to refactor your way out of, cough std.json cough.