[SAoC] "Druntime for Microcontrollers" project thread

Severin Teona teona.severin9 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:49:32 UTC 2020

Hi again. This is my third update for the first milestone for
#SAoC2020.

Last week my plan ([1]) was to try to emulate some devices and
applications in qemu with the druntime that I managed to compile,
but as I was expecting, I encountered some problems. I am still
not able to run TockOS in qemu (this is the work so far [2]), but
maybe I will have a chance with xPack [3] to find a board that
TockOS supports and can also be emulated by qemu (and can be
added some more memory to fit the size of the druntime).

My plan for the next week remains the same:
- to emulate a device with qemu
- to run some applications to test the compiled druntime

If I won't be able to complete these tasks, I will skip testing
and just start stubbing the druntime in order to decrease its
size.

Thank you!

[1]:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/xhgqynaiwsujuojxfyhw@forum.dlang.org