Need for (C++20) Contiguous Range

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:14:16 UTC 2020

On Friday, 9 October 2020 at 16:05:09 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> So basically, a contiguous primitive might be ptr, distance
> between elements, and total elements? And this is something you
> can plug into a low-level API? I can see that being a
> possibility, but also the underlying type has to be an array
> anyway.

I guess that is possible. I think a cacheline aligned bitmask
version is needed to do better than what C++ numerics TS will end
up with, but hard to design.

> I don't know that we would have to define a range primitive for
> this. Just a set of operations on an array of data, with
> parameters for the other pieces.

It depends on how common it is to process data without changing
it?

I don't know. Maybe look at existing code and see what people do.
Not only D code, but look at what people who use dataflow
frameworks do.

I guess github would be a good resource.