code.dlang.org broken gitlab integration

sarn sarn at theartofmachinery.com
Sat Oct 10 23:22:00 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 10 October 2020 at 12:34:15 UTC, bogdan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the gitlab integration on code.dlang.org is
> broken. I think it is like this for several months. Should I
> mirror my projects on github to publish packages on
> code.dlang.org or there are plans to fix this issue?
>
> Bogdan

It's been broken for at least half a year.  Here's the upstream
root cause:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/212216

It seems to be a side effect of Gitlab consolidating and
tightening up path validation (i.e., blocking absolute paths), so
I don't expect the old behaviour to come back.

Here's the dub-registry bug report:
https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/issues/471

Stuff like this makes me less enthusiastic about writing/testing
a fix and managing a PR, though:
https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/issues/472

What's the status of dub-registry maintenance?  Is the D
Foundation backing it?