What's wrong with stability, LTS, and not fixing bugs for "compatibility".

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Oct 11 04:46:43 UTC 2020

The idea is we don't want to break documented behavior that people used in good
faith, unless we *have* to. If people are exploiting a bug in the compiler, I'm
not terribly sympathetic to that, and fixing that bug is not a problem. We don't
*have* to remove the old operator new and delete overloads. We can "un-document"
it, i.e. move its documentation to a separate section of the documentation, and
encourage people to leave it behind.

I don't see how this takes anything away from D.