D programming language popularity

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:37:35 UTC 2020

On Monday, 12 October 2020 at 13:28:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 10/12/20 2:47 AM, Imperatorn wrote:
>> On Sunday, 11 October 2020 at 11:24:42 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>>> First some background
>>> ---------------------
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Btw, this is interesting:
>> http://erdani.com/d/downloads.daily.png
>
> As the legend suggests I recently filtered the data to
> eliminate duplicate IPs and failed downloads. The numbers on
> the Y axis are therefore smaller than before but the shape of
> the plot has not changed much.

Cool. So it seems that it's at least *possible* that interest in
D is growing?

But all things considered, D is actually not that small. I mean
checking search trends for Nim and Julia for example, D actually
has more searches. But you don't always get that impression.