Spell checking errors can be hilarious

claptrap clap at trap.com
Mon Oct 12 18:06:10 UTC 2020

On Monday, 12 October 2020 at 13:24:17 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Try this in a D file:
>
> foo[] foos;
>
> And you get an error like:
>
> Error: undefined identifier foo, did you mean variable foos?
>
> I know why this happens, is there a way to get it not to
> happen? Some of these can actually be really puzzling. I've
> seen stuff like "no identifier foo.bar, did you mean foo.bar?"

I never find the spell check useful anyway, its one of those
seems like a good idea but it is useless in practice in my
experience. The 'errors' are almost always typos which are
obvious once your at the line in question.

Is there a way to turn it off?