Spell checking errors can be hilarious

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 03:28:38 UTC 2020

On Monday, 12 October 2020 at 20:08:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> There's nothing wrong with the search engine.

oh it needs some work. I wrote a custom one specifically for D
and while I'm reasonably happy with that it still has some missed
potential and bugs.

Like http://dpldocs.info/locate/?searchTerm=Socket.select
shouldn't be empty. And it should do a better job with the
cross-package results.

Searching for D stuff is legitimately a pain. My search engine is
better than most but it is still really just mediocre.

> There's a LOT wrong with global symbols named "to".

Gotta disagree with this too. D's module system handles the name
beautifully and `to` has been a smashing success with few
problems in use. The response most people have with it is "wow
that's the easiest thing I've ever seen in any language".

New users just need a quick point in the right direction to
understand what it is.