Sourceforge projects

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Wed Oct 14 16:41:26 UTC 2020

On 15/10/2020 2:18 AM, Vitaly Livshic wrote:
> Restriction on a specific sites and version control is unexpected for
> open-source project. Is there are any possibility to use sourceforge or
> non-git repositories?

It can be completely expected the current behavior.

Version control systems like git don't provide a standard way via a web
server to obtain a compressed archive at a specific commit/tag/branch.

Nor does it provide access to meta-data. Like tags or branches.

You can get this information and archive by checking out the repository,
which is more complex to perform and requires the VCS to be installed on
the node that does it.

Here are the source code for the VCS suppliers that dub-registry
supports[0].

Note: I would recommend heavily to not create new projects on SF, they
have been known in recent years to do some nasty stuff with any binaries
that you may upload.

[0]
https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/tree/master/source/dubregistry/repositories