Sourceforge projects

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Thu Oct 15 23:26:03 UTC 2020

On 16/10/2020 12:00 PM, norm wrote:
> My apologies I stand corrected, I thought git had the interface to read
> just all the metadata without pulling all the data.

When I last looked at it a few years ago, my statement was true.

After more git versions being released, it may no longer be true for a
lot of use cases.

Either way, you still need the archive as well (which is a separate
feature that is also optional, or was at one point). So you may end up
with needing to clone it fully anyway.

I don't see a problem with checking out a repository to get the info +
archive unless it is a big repo. So that would end up being our fallback
anyway if you want non-supported providers.