About generate secrets

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Oct 16 02:24:36 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 08:18:34PM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> This seems like odd spam. Only the parts I quoted above are different.
> I can't see a reason for "Bryon" to do such a thing, but...
> interesting.
[...]

Assuming "Bryon" isn't a real person, this *may* be a way of priming a
spamfilter so that it will let the real spam through later. I've seen
this done occasionally.  No idea about effectiveness, though, unless
it's a really weak spamfilter. Modern spamfilters wouldn't be fooled by
such a rudimentary tactic.

If you look at a thing nine hundred and ninety-nine times, you are perfectly safe; if you look at it the thousandth time, you are in frightful danger of seeing it for the first time. -- G. K. Chesterton