Cyclone programming language and its influence

Jonathan Goodwin jondgoodwin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 23:01:36 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 15 October 2020 at 07:27:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> A couple nice mentions of D!
>
> https://pling.jondgoodwin.com/post/cyclone/

Hi Walter,

I'm glad you enjoyed my post and positive comments about D. I
have long admired the design choices you have made with D. Some
of these have inspired design choices I have made with my
language Cone. Such inspirations include the use of arena memory
management for speeding up the compiler, D's flavor of weakly
"pure" functions or methods, and the rich collection of language
capabilities around arrays.

I mention D positively in another post while talking about the
pros and cons of various approaches towards inheritance, for
example here:
https://pling.jondgoodwin.com/post/delegated-inheritance/

Good luck on your continued evolution of the D ecosystem

- Jonathan