Mihaela Chirea - SAOC 2020 Milestone 1 Update 4 - Improving DMD as a Library

Mihaela Chirea chireamihaela99 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 23:37:04 UTC 2020

Hello!

Here is an update of the progress made during the last week of
Milestone 1 as part of #SAOC2020:
- I mostly worked on the token location offset tests[1]. This
included studying the lexer, parser and tokens in more detail to
make sure all the tokens are getting the right offset.
- Updated the list of locations[2] to show the nodes missing the
start location more clearly. It currently contains most nodes in
attrib.d and DebugCondition and VersionCondition from cond.d.

For next week:
- Add the start location to the nodes that lack this information,
starting with the ones from cond.d

These tasks were mentioned in the previous update[3] and will be
done during the second Milestone:
- Bring all DMD as a library additions hidden behind a version
under DMDLIB
- Add the token size

The initial milestones can be found here[4]. I will post the
updated list as a reply to that thread and use that link in
future updates.

[1]: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/11823
[2]:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lb-eP9Pai713tggud6iuzA1cIetbK4zc/view?usp=sharing