Signals/Slots only with classes

bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Oct 19 14:52:45 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 18 October 2020 at 21:53:06 UTC, norm wrote:

> It is. std.xml, std.json, std.stream...
>
> The bar was raised in an effort to improve quality but it was
> done so at the expense of incremental improvements. I.e. it had
> to be near perfect or nothing. Given the size of the D
> community it is the latter and Phobos is effectively in
> maintenance mode.

This might all be true, but does it matter? It's open source, so
all you have to do is fork Phobos, make the changes you want, and
then dump the final result into a package others can use. This
can typically be done by editing a single file of source code.
I've done it.

Incremental change is not held back by the high standards of
Phobos. I don't think it started as a fork of std.xml, but there
is https://code.dlang.org/packages/dxml Adding a Dub dependency
is a low bar. (And for that matter, you wouldn't even have to use
Dub for this purpose, you could just download a file or two and
drop them into your project the same as any other D source files.)